domenica 5 aprile 2015

Fauja Singh, 101, runs London marathon

Fauja Singh, born 1911 in Punjab India, ran his first marathon at the age of 89. Since then he has set up many world records for long distance running. In April 2012, he completed the London marathon in 7 hours 49 minutes.

What is his secret, except running everyday?

Fauja says he follows a simple vegetarian diet: “I am very careful about different foods. My diet is simple phulka , dal, green vegetables,
yoghurt and milk. I do not touch parathas, pakoras, rice or any other fried food. I take lots of water and tea with ginger.”  Other secret is positive thinking.

Fauja has decided to make this his last full marathon. But he intends to keep on running as long he lives. Fauja is welcome to Club150s and I hope he wll make it to 150.

Have a long, happy and healthy life.


http://club150s.com/fauja-singh-101-runs-london-marathon/

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento